Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer Sundays

Everyone in the house is "chilling out" right now, so I decided to catchup on Facebook and update the blog. The kids are watching a movie, Mark is in the basement reading the Sunday paper amd watching tennis. We had the kids first t-ball and meshball games yesterday morning and they went really well. Baseball is not as fast paced as soccer so I was afraid the kids would get bored quickly, but they both did wonderful. After their games I let them get wet in the free splash fountain park in Gurnee. We all took naps Saturday afternoon (Mark had run 9 miles that morning) and then we went down to Mark's sister's for our nephew's 4th birthday party. The kids really enjoyed swimming in the pool and didn't need us this year for assistance (although we were in the pool anyway). We slept over at Mark's parents house last night since his mom wanted to take us to the Morton Arboretum on Sunday- they have a great kids area there. The kids had a great time and we were home by one. So I think the plan for the afternoon is to sand and stain the other side of the new doors, do 4 loads of laundry, bathe the kids, have dinner. Hopefully I will also re-organize the hall closet now that I am no longer using it for storage. We leave for Nashville on Wednesday to go see our dearest friends, Caresse and Christian. I am literally counting down the hours, it has been a LONG time since I have been in the company of close friends. My heart has been empty for a while and it is ready for a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment