Wednesday, June 3, 2009




We are in the middle of remodeling our master bathroom and closet. I don't think I fully understood what remodeling meant. We had refaced our cabinets 6 years ago in the kitchen, finished the basement. But this project seems a little more intense. They tapped the drywall yesterday and applied sheet rock today. Sanding is tomorrow. Already the house is covered with a layer of dust and there are white footprints all over the floors. I am trying not to look at it too much since the messy part is not finished any time soon. But I must admit it drives me crazy. So I have become half obsessed with at least keeping the kitchen and family room tidy so I have two places of sanctuary. Mark and I have been sleeping in the guest room for two weeks since our room is a war zone. It will be very awesome when it is finished and I can't wait to organize the closet and the cabinets.
Mark spent a couple of days in DC this past weekend for work. He was able to run around all the monuments and museums as he prepares for a half marathon in August. He also went out to dinner with two friends from high school (Georgann and Doug) with their spouses and were so late they closed down the restaraunt. I must admit extreme jealousy here! He came home last night and had brought the kids books of the Night at the Museum (Battle of the Smithsonian). I got a bar of soap from the hotel. (Sorry Mark I couldn't not tell that story!)

1 comment:

  1. real nice, Mark, a bar of soap, from the hotel nonetheless! (:
    can't wait to see pics of the new bathroom

    ReplyDelete