Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer's Half-way Over!

Not quite sure how the middle of July came so fast! But here we are. Six weeks from now I will be writing a sappy post about how my kids are back in school- Sam starting kindergarten and Annie second grade. So here is a very quick sum of the past 6 weeks. Mark ran the Soldier Field 10 miler memorial day weekend, the kids ran the 50 yard dash (although they tell everyone it was a marathon!). We had a great time!
Mark's Grandma celebrated her 90th birthday on June 29th. Here we all are at a delicious polish restaurant in Brookfield. We had a good time. Notice Sam's wet pee mark in his shorts. I can't wait to use this picture again when he is 18! HA!
The kids are going to camp three days a week (on the days I work) and loving it!
They come home exhausted and ravenous, but happy. Everyday they say camp is awesome ("not great mom, AWESOME!") We haven't done as many trips to the zoo as I would have thought by now, only one actually. But we have visited Nana (auntie Meg) and are taking care of Annie's school garden once a week. All winter long I have looked forward to the lazy days of summer and now I am here frantically stepping on the brake trying to slow down summer. Oh well.
Sam lost his first tooth 2 weeks ago. He lost the other bottom one this morning while Mark was brushing his teeth. I cannot believe how big he is growing. I swear he grew from a toddler to a 5 1/2 year old boy overnight. He even has a little girlfriend at camp named Ava. He seems to have a thing for blondes. hmph. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment