Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas 2009

We had a Rockin' Christmas!
I have to say, this was one of my most relaxing holidays yet! I was less stressed during this holiday season- first time since I have had kids. The couple of days leading up to Christmas were funny- Annie kept waking up earlier and earlier everyday awaiting for Santa to come. She is usually my 8 o'clock sleeper! Her 1 year old fish died that Monday too. My parents arrived the Wednesday before Christmas, in the snow. We greeted them warmly and had Giordanno's stuffed spinach pizza for dinner. YUM! On Christmas Eve I took Annie to buy a new fish before heading off to Megan and Jay's house for a day of festivities.
You can't really see Sam's vest here, but it's a t-rex eating a candy cane. So cute! Here are my two beautiful munchkin's all dressed up for Christmas. Annie was even more excited when she realized that Santa came on Christmas Eve night and not Christmas Day night. Sam still has no concept of time, so if he sees Annie excited he just joins her! These were the best ages so far for Christmas. Almost 5 and 6.5- the kids just "got" all of it- from the birth of Christ to all the Santa hullaballo!! Just perfect!
The kids and all their cousins were great at Megan (Nana) and Jay's house. Previous years had led us to mass chaos and disorganization, but this year we sailed on smooth waters. After the kids opened presents we adults had grab bag. It was supposed to be a funny gift for 20 dollars. Mark and I got comical gifts (racing Grandmas on wheelchairs and a shower gel dispenser that was a 8 inch nose) but somewhere in electronic communication no one else got that memo and everyone else bought pretty nice and mild gifts. No fun! ;)
My favorite gift was my new bowling ball from Mark. In honor of all the women I treat at work, and for my paternal grandmother...this is the battle I choose to fight. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment