Monday, September 28, 2009

A Disney Surprise!

After months of planning our trip to Disney I am pleased to say it was a HUGE surprise for the kids. We woke them up at 6:45 am on Saturday so they would be ready by the time the limo driver came. Sam didn't think twice about the routine, but Annie immediately said "it's Saturday, why are you waking me up so early?" I told her a little fib that I was working that day and wanted to see her and Sam before I left.The limo driver was in a full suit and driver's hat when he rang the doorbell. He asked for both Annie and Sam and they just sat there in silence (he had an accent and was probably difficult for the kids to understand). He told the kids he was there to take them to Disney. Sam jumped up and was very excited. Annie hid behind Mark's legs because she thought she was going with the limo driver and not us. Too funny. They loved the limo ride to the airport. If I could sum up Sam's reaction to the surprise news it would be excited and inpatient. Annie: stunned silence

While Mark checked in our luggage the kids had fun walking around the airport with the carry-on and stroller. Of course Sam kept saying "Is it time to get on our plane yet?" How do you explain 2 hour wait to a 4 year old? This week Sam will learn a lot about patience and waiting!

Mark and I were brave and did not pack the DVD player. I figured a 2.5 hour trip wasn't that long and Mark had brought them new activity books to do on the plane. I sat with the kids and Mark sat across the aisle. We had snacks on the plane, colored, listened to music. They were not perfect, but were better than I expected. On the way home Sam will be near the window, I can bet you he won't forget it's his turn!
The airplane has three seats on each side of the aisle. I sat with the kids, Mark sat across from us. What is he reading anyway?




No comments:

Post a Comment