Saturday, July 25, 2009

Nashville Post 4: Bittersweet Farwel

There is nothing in the world more wonderful than spending time with friends. I went home with enough good memories from this trip that it is like a slow acting herbal medicine to my soul. It lifts me up for weeks after I have left their company. I loved getting to know Amelia and seeing her parent's wonderful traits shine through her- goofiness, intelligence, curiosity, charm and free-flowing love.
Thank you to my dear friends, Caresse and Christian, for letting the whole Flory crew come into your home- bringing our loudness, laughter, messes, dirty laundry and drum set with us! We slept well, we laughed whole hearted, we ate well (maybe even too much!) and we all drove home with a smile on our faces, but a small tear in our hearts that we had to go. Thanks to George and Tom for taking the risk of hanging out with us for a couple days and for driving so far to get there- it was a magical treat at the bottom of my cereal box to be able to rekindle our friendship and get to know how amazing Tom is as a friend, but more importantly as a husband. I thank God daily for the amazing friends that He has placed in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment