Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Blueberry Picking III

So after finishing up at the pool for an hour, we got ready to leave the hotel and stopped to pick up some Subway for lunch. We drove to the Blueberry Farm (DeGrandchamps) and picked away. The weather was better! We ended up only picking 20 lbs this year and buying 30 more for freezing. Mark and I would have spent all day filling buckets, but considering we had 5 kids and good neighbors with us, we decided to just go with the flow (aren't I growing up!) After lunch we drove into the town of South Haven, went in and out of all the stores. Annie bought a pony sticker story book and Sam bought a 12 inch alligator that grows to three feet in 4 days (it has been in the tub since Sunday and it HAS already doubled in size). We then let the kids play on the beach before we got in the car to drive home.
Since we have done A LOT of traveling over the past 6 weeks our kids have become expert sleepers in the car. I didn't even have to sit back there with them and rub their legs on Sunday! The kids slept almost 2 hours in the car, which was good since traffic was completely stopped on 90-94 for an hour.

All in all the trip was excellent, except for Chicago traffic. I felt like this 36 hour trip was a four day vacation. I am refreshed, ready to begin school with Annie and all the kids activities. I am going back to school for my DPT (doctors of physical therapy) on Sept 8th. My sister is having her baby tomorrow. We leave for Disney in a month.

Life is Good! Thank you God for a wonderful summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment